Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Profile Artica refrigerator and the water, ice,

I have a GE Profile Artica refrigerator and the water, ice, light... buttons are not working. There is no light over any of the buttons.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you recheck the model# XXXXX not comming up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Expert

It is either PSI23NGMA BB or PS123NGMA bb

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I figured it out its PSI23NGMABB, anyway there are only two reasons for this 1 the dispenser board is bad, Part 946965or 2 the mother board is bad, to see which take a volt meter and check for 120 volts at the dispenser board if you have 120 volts that board is bad, if not its the mother board. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is in the back of the refrigerator if you pull it away from the wall behind an 8x10 panel, you can get either one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-PSi23NGMA-%3d%3di1531075d617799e thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Expert,

Can you tell me where to check the voltage.

Also do you have instructions on how to replace both the motherboard and the dispense board?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry was away from the computer, after looking a little further into your refrigerator its the interface thats bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is snapped on the front of the dispenser, I didn't realize at first yours had this, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-WR55X10309-%3d%3di1092821&PartID=1092821
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Expert,

I am only seeing a few volts on any of the points checked.

Also the "dispense" board looks like the board I have. I am not sure if they are supposed to be the same but there is no large chip in the center of the "interface" board shown. The front panel looks the same.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yeah they changed these of course they didn't work correctly, G.E has had more electronic board problems than any other company. the board runs on low voltage off the main board, what are the voltage readings?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need to know the points to test the voltage between. Is this DC or AC ? I do not see 120V coming into the board or anything on the board that would step it down or convert to DC.

Will the new board work with the older fridge? I assume the chips on board would need to still be there or be on another board. I guess they could also be moved to the other side of the board.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Expert,

Are you still there? I did not see an answer.