Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE true temp stove, stopped working. The top burners are working,

GE true temp stove, stopped working. The top burners are working, but the oven displays and oven will not work. No displays showing. Checked the breaker box and back of plug. both are ok. Any ideas
if you have no display at all, then unfortunately your display control board is shorted. There are no fuses in the oven and if the top burners are stil working, that just means the board is shorted. Here is a link to the part you will need to order and replace in order to correct your issue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How hard is it to replace, before I purchase this part, I want to know if I can do it myself and or do I need to have a tech replace it.

Please provide detailed instructions if posible.

It's not all that difficult but the wiring might be different than the original board so that means you'll need to read the directions that come with the control board to make sure the wires go back on the new control board correctly.

As far as how to access the part, just pull the range forward and remove the back panel of the control panel. There are 4 screws that hold the control board ontol the control panel. Just remove the 4 screws and then replace the old control board with the new control panel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I wanted to let you know that I ordered the part your recommended andit arrived the other day. I opened the box to discover that it was the wrong part. I had to sent it back and now still waiting for the correct part to be shipped.

Your responce was incorrect and has caused me more trouble and aggravation then I beleive it was worth.

Just wanted to pass this on with the hopes that you research your respnse better and not cause others the same trouble as me.

best regards

alright well I apologize, not sure why the board was looked up incorrectly, I typed in your model number so as long as you gave me the correct model number, the website must just have a bad look up.