Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i replaced the water valve and the filter. the icemaker motor

i replaced the water valve and the filter. the icemaker motor turns, but no water comes into the icemaker tray
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you need to check the tube that drops the water into the back of the ice maker and see if its frozen, take a hair dryer and defrost it if it is, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

should i remove the cover plate at the back of the freezer first, or just use the blower on the area at the trough at the back of the freezer without removing the cover plate?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, on this diagram you can see the cup that the water goes into to feed the ice maker, # XXXXX is the cup, #51 is the tube that may be frozen , just hold the hair dryer on that and see if it defrosts, if its not frozen you will need to check the voltage to the valve. do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I removed the ice tray and used the hair dryer on the tube externally (just blew air on the tube from outside the rear cover) for about 10 - 12 minutes so far with no result. Maybe it wasn't enough hot air for enough time. Hard to tell. I do not have a voltmeter here at home. i'll have to borrow one from where i work. that will take til much later today or maybe even Monday, so I'll have to continue tonight or Monday after i get a voltmeter, unless there is something else i can do in the meantime, we'll have to stop here. Thanks for the advice so far. I don't know exactly when, but I will continue diagnosis after I get the meter. I have not used your (this on-line) service before, so I don't know how your fees work. You may charge me for the advice so far or bill me after I get the voltmeter. Let me know what you think about trying the hairdryer longer, and what you policy is for billing. Thanks again.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
on the back of the refrigerator you can see where the tube from the water supply connects up top can you blow through that into the freezer? if so its not clogged with ice, if thats the case get back to me when you get the meter and we can test the voltage then, thanks Bryan