Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

freezer door left open overnight; now both freezer and fridge

freezer door left open overnight; now both freezer and fridge does not cool anymore. Maytag PTB1953GRW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
this is due to all the moisture entering the refrigerator which formed frost behind the back wall inside the freezer. You will need to unplug the unit, remove everything out of the freezer and refrigerator, leave the door open for 24 hours to thaw out all the vents behind the back panels inside the freezer and then the unit wills tart to work again.

The fridge side doesn't work because it just steals air from the freezer to cool, and if frost has built up inside the vents, it cannot push air into the refrigerator.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did what you advised but fridge still will not work. What's the next step or what do I need to check out?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
then the door isn't the problem. You need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is location of the electronic water valve and how do I replace it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
it's on the back of the refrigerator where the water line comes from your house into the back of the refrigerator. And you unscrew it turn the water off and removed the electrical connections to replace it. Have a nice day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is no icemaker on the fridge?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
sorry I was confused with another question. I thought the water wasn't dispensing. I see your unit isn't cooling because you left the door open.

if you left it unplugged for 24 hours and its not cooling correctly still, then you have a compressor problem because it over worked itself when you left the door open. you'll need to call a technician to fix this, and it will cost about $500 if you wanted to put that much money into it. There is nothing more you can personally do.