Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi , I have a 4 day old Frigidaire FAM157S1A Window Air Conditioner

Hi , I have a 4 day old Frigidaire FAM157S1A Window Air Conditioner , worked perfectly the first 2 days and now the compressor will run and cool quite nicely for about 5 minutes and then shuts off and wont come back on for a very long period of time (hours) .. Other than its obviously in warranty , call somebody , what are your thoughts on what it could be ?
sounds like the compressor relay may be bad in this, or the overload on the compressor is failing, boy they really don't make anything worth a dam now days, its really hard to say exactly whats wrong, this could also be the cold control itself, wish I could tell you for sure, hope Ive given you some insight though, thanks Bryan