Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag dishwasher (model dwupp22aae). Recently it

I have a maytag dishwasher (model dwupp22aae). Recently it lost about 50% of it's cleaning ability. I took off the top, bottom cleaning arms and bottom circular screen. I found pieces of plastic bags and other stuff which I removed. I also flushed it with a gallon of vinegar.
Is there anything else that I can clean or replace? Also where can I find a drawing that shows how the parts are assembled?
thanks Dave in OH
good morning Dave, how much water is in the bottom of this after it fills?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good Morning
Thanks for the fast responce.

The water level is 1/3 of the way up the the heating coil.

PS when I filled the machine I also noticed more piecs of plastic sitting in the bottom of the machine.

Can I remove the top and lower arms and ran the machice to get this piecs out of the inner part of the machine?
yes and it sounds like your not getting enough water in this, it should be up to the heater this is probably a water valve problem. can you check the model #? its not comming up. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It's DWU9922AAE

The water level is about 1/3 of the way up the side heating coil and it fills the basin in the bottom of the machine.
how much do you think in inches? 1, 2, ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On the bottom left hand side near the front there is a round "float" with 4 holes in the top of it... the water is 1 1/4 " deep in the at this position.... in the middle it's 1 5/8"
ok the water level seems like its about right, heres the diagram for the pump assembly, I believe cleaning this real good will take care of it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great information...

One last quick question ... do you have a parts list.... names to go with the numbers in the diagram...

I'm very pleased with this interaction... payment to follow...