Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag dishwasher (model dwupp22aae). Recently it

I have a maytag dishwasher (model dwupp22aae). Recently it lost about 50% of it's cleaning ability. I took off the top, bottom cleaning arms and bottom circular screen. I found pieces of plastic bags and other stuff which I removed. I also flushed it with a gallon of vinegar.
Is there anything else that I can clean or replace? Also where can I find a drawing that shows how the parts are assembled?
thanks Dave in OH
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
good morning Dave, how much water is in the bottom of this after it fills?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good Morning
Thanks for the fast responce.

The water level is 1/3 of the way up the the heating coil.

Dave

PS when I filled the machine I also noticed more piecs of plastic sitting in the bottom of the machine.

Can I remove the top and lower arms and ran the machice to get this piecs out of the inner part of the machine?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes and it sounds like your not getting enough water in this, it should be up to the heater this is probably a water valve problem. can you check the model #? its not comming up. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Opps

It's DWU9922AAE

Dave
PS
The water level is about 1/3 of the way up the side heating coil and it fills the basin in the bottom of the machine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
how much do you think in inches? 1, 2, ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On the bottom left hand side near the front there is a round "float" with 4 holes in the top of it... the water is 1 1/4 " deep in the at this position.... in the middle it's 1 5/8"
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok the water level seems like its about right, heres the diagram for the pump assembly, I believe cleaning this real good will take care of it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great information...

One last quick question ... do you have a parts list.... names to go with the numbers in the diagram...

I'm very pleased with this interaction... payment to follow...
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.