Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Model PSS23LSSA SS, side-by-side refrigerator

I have a GE Profile Model PSS23LSSA SS, side-by-side refrigerator with a bad ice maker. I have had three previous ice maker problems and several different parts have been replaced. Now it is acting up again. It stopped making ice so I put it through the diagnostic test and it began making ice again. However, now the ice comes out in one big connected mess instead of 6 individual cubes. It is time for me to replace the whole unit? There is an appliance parts store just a block away. Am I looking for part #WR30X10093, the assembly and WR29X10085, the stripper IM? Is this something a person with no experience would be able to replace himself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well this could be overfilling either because of the ice maker or it could be the water valve thats dripping and over filling it, try and see if theres water dripping in from the feed tube after it puts water in, if not I would just replace the ice maker at this point, repairing it doesn't always work the way you want and you may end up replacing it anyway, you can order a new ice maker @ for $92.00 if they want to much down the street, thanks Bryan