Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Greetings! This is the first problem I have had with my GE

Greetings! This is the first problem I have had with my GE Refrigerator/Freezer, model number TFHA22RRA AD serial MG246741 since its purchase in 1992. My ice maker has stopped making ice. Water still dispenses and ice dispenser works, also.

Do I need a repairman? What has most likely stopped working? Can I replace the mechanism that produces the ice by myself? Should I be able to get it at my nearby part store? If I replace it myself, what is the part called? Any numbers? And, I am sure, the refrigerator must be shut off to work on it.

Thank you, Judy
there is a green light on the ice maker is it lit? does the ice maker turn (cycle)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I see no green light. Have never seen a green light. My machine is a 21.6 cu.ft. Thought light was on the 24 cu. ft.

Ice dispenser turns. I do not understand what "turns" on the Ice maker? It does not "cycle" if that means going through the cycle to make ice. There is no water in the little tray that freezes cubes. Does not appear to be particularly cold or freezing in that area.
is this what the ice maker looks like? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mine does not look quite like that. Yours has an on/off switch and a lever at the bottom. No switch on mine and a wire arm on the side. The closest I can figure, with a mirror, I read upside down and backward, the numbers on it are NO470588G54, WR30X05PR, or very close.
ok the second # XXXXX XXXXX ice maker #. the one I showed you is the replacement for yours, what I meant by cycling is are the fingers in the ice maker itself turning?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The fingers in the ice maker do not appear to be blocked, but are not rotating. I take it that they are supposed to turn in an auger fashion.

If they are not turning, it is probably warn out? I need to replace the whole thing? The plug on your diagram looks scary as I do not see that on mine. Will I need a repairman to connect it electrically? Is the number I gave to you correct so I can order the part?
the replacement ice maker does come with instructions and is fairly easy to install, the plug is just a conversion that plugs into your refrigerator, you will need to replace the ice maker, you can order this on line @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many thanks, Judy
your very welcome, well wishes and thanks, Bryan