Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

On a whirlpool side by side refrigerator, with ice maker in

On a whirlpool side by side refrigerator, with ice maker in door, the dispenser will not work unless we reach up in the shut and move the flap and then the dispenser will work, is there any adjustments that needs to be made or replacement necessary. Thanks in advance for your help, Regards Mike
you have to pen the flap by hand to get the ice to fall out?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
replace the flap solenoid and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number ,, snap loose the dispenser trim on the freezer and then you can swap it out
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have found out that is unit does not have a flap selenoid. The flap only has a heater to keep from freezing. This is according to the appliance repairman that I went to purchases that selenoid. Anyother advise.
he is wrong ,, it has one to help open the door flap and if you send me the model number i will get you the part number / thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number is GD5NHAXMT00
its in a door chute kit and the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand cost about $45 for the kit and its number 8 in this picture / thanks