Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I tried to self clean my range this morning but opened the

I tried to self clean my range this morning but opened the door before the lock was completed. The locking mechanism is stuck now and the oven won't cancel. What do I do. Need an answer before my husband takes the stove completly apart. Thank you so much. pe your question here
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
first try holding in the door light switch and put this back in self clean then cancel it and it should unlock. make sure you hold the door light button in the whole time, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Brian. Tried that and it didn't work. It makes a noise like it's trying to do something but the lock light is still flashing and nothing has moved. What do we try next?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately the door lock assembly is bad then, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if you can hear it trying to unlock but it isn't moving then you will need to replace it, its either that or the rod got bent , heres the diagram, the lock motor assembly itself is in the back behind a cover, hope this helps, thanks Bryan