MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

hello from tennessee,, I have a maytag neptune superstacker

Customer Question

hello from tennessee,, I have a maytag neptune superstacker model MHS2000AWW , unlike others I have never had problem one with this washer dryer combo, till now!! It goes thrunits rinse but not the final spin,, have checked the pump it is clean impellors rotate freely, and I can hear it draining , it goes thru all cycles execept final high speed spin leaving wet clothes and mad wife!! Hve looked online and see about the wax motor ,, however the door lock light is on would not this indicate wax motor is working,,, would be happy to check this but have no idea how to get to it,,, cant find any videos on the superstacker on how to get to wax motor want to replace before door lock light doesnt come on and fries mother board or something !!! Have used just answer before please help!!'Tom barry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
You need to methodically diagnose this by reviewing the service document that you can see at follow the links to the maytag historical service library. Follow the procedures for your issue in a METHODICAL fashion and you will find the problem. Let me know if you need assistance at any point. The document is very clear and concise, so there is no need for me to re-explain what is readily available to you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will it tell me how to get to take apart the super stacker and how do I get back in touch with you,,,,,, do you have a link to this site,, so this is basically a repair manual
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Yes, and yes. Post back whenever if needed- I am on and off this site during the day but will reply.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
went to that website entered my model number taken off the back of the unit MHS200AWW and it doesnt find anything
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
That is an odd model# XXXXX does not come up for me either. Anyway you can look up a mle2000ayw which is a stacked unit and is probably pretty much the same as what you have.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I finally found the MLG2000AWW also a stacked unit best I can tell the wax motor doesnt work,,, having trouble understanding where the circuit board that controls this is,,, top left of dryer....... I am going to order the new motor and the R-11 reistor or whatever it is.....

P>S> I took out the wax motor manually pushed the lock closed and huld it there and the washer will high spin does this help diagnose anything tom

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
I believe the board is on top of the dryer, but following wires will lead you to it. Usually the board has failed and just replacing the burned resistor does not work. Replace the wax motor and board.