william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My 1996 insinkerator has stopped. It seemd to be working fine.

My 1996 insinkerator has stopped. It seemd to be working fine. There is not a jam - all grinders are spinning freely as is the main housing. I used the self serve wrench in the underside and it spins freely. All water is draining fine. There is absolutely no sound when I flip the switch like it is not getting power. So, I have checked the wiring at the wall connection, disposal connection and switch. I have also replaced the switch. And of course of I have checked the main circuit panel. All other lights and outlets on that circuit work fine. And, I have pushed the reset button on the bottom. Any other suggestions to fix it or is it just time for a new one? Again, it seemed to be working just fine until now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Well it seems like you did all the checks right i would say that the motor is fried. Its time to get another one im surpised that it lasted this long. !4 yrs on one is really good.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.