Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My Roper washing machine doesnt seem to have power. It doesnt

Customer Question

My Roper washing machine doesn't seem to have power. It doesn't do anything. The fuse box and outlet are working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi Welcome to The Just Answer Appliance Category..My name is XXXXX XXXXX to working with you Today on your appliance repair problem..Please recheck the model number..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
RTW4340sq0 ?
Ok good model number Thanks..More than likely you have a problem with the lid switch..The lid switch is under the control panel..If you look behind the control panel at back of unit ...On each far side you will see a srcew which holds the contol in plcae...Remove each screw (one on each side)...Tilt the panel back...Remove the lid switch wire connection plug...Then take a piece of wire and jump the white and gray wire together ( not the green that is the ground wire)...Set the washer to spin and see if it spins...What you are doing is by passing the switch...You can also remove the swtich and try to activate it to get it to run...If it does then replace the lid switch..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That wasn't it. I think I will call a service man.
Did you jump the switch as i suggested..?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I did exactly as you told me.

Your washer fills then does nothing....You would need to remove the cabinet and check the motor..Feel it to see if it is warm...My suspicion is your problem is the lid switch...Have you verified power at the lid switch with a meter..?