william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

Why would my dryer keep kicking my breaker off and how can

Customer Question

Why would my dryer keep kicking my breaker off and how can I fix this, my dryer is a GE Profile my breaker box reads: 150 max amps 120-240 volt AC, 1 phase 3 wire 30 max breaker poles.
dryer is 30 on switch.
150 amp max , main breaker 2 pole type 28 only.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Yopur gonna have to open the dryer up and check each wire to make sure that a wires isnt grounding itself out maybe to the frame or to another wire. Make sure you unplug this first before you start working on it.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer. I just bought this dryer, and it did this with my last dryer as well, and I know for a fact that the dryer isn't grounding itself out. Would I need to by a new switch, a stonger one? 
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a volt meter. To test the outlet? Is this the only appliance on the line?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I went and asked a friend and what it turned out to be is we just needed a new switch on the breaker works fine now...thanks anyway!