Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

We have a LG Tromm washer that displayed a LE message. It stopped

We have a LG Tromm washer that displayed a LE message. It stopped mid-cycle. No power. Circuit breaker changed. Unit purchased in'04.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
Hi Welcome to The Just Answer Appliance Category..My name is XXXXX XXXXX to working with you Today on your appliance repair problem..All the Le error code is .Telling you that the motor has lost power or has locked up...If the unit has no power and you have verified power at the outlet...Then you would need to remove the top cover..Slide the cover back and off...Look for the main computer ...It is located in the back left hand corner...Remove the cover to computer...There will be a small red led light on the board itself...If that lit is not on with unit plugged in then eitheryour board is bad or you do not have power to unit..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bob, What else is holding the top on other than 4 screws on back?
Nothing else...Slide the lid back from front then lift up...There are two dowels mounted on top of cabinet that fit into a slot cut out in lid..So the lid will only slide back so far...From there you need to lift the lid up and off the dowels..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The light does not come on. Is this worth repairing unit that is six years old?
Depends upon what condition the unit is in..Make sure you verify the power at the outlet correctly..If so then check for power going into the computer...Most of the time the computer is bad...But i would check these things first...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Bob. We ordered the computer board.
No Problem...Goodluck on your repair....If you have the time once you use the accept option leave some feedback if you dont mind...Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair