Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

hello, i need help on my dryer

hello, i need help on my dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
what kind of problem are you having today
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dryer is not drying/getting hot
start the dryer and run it for about 5 minutes and open the door and tell me if there is any heat at all inside please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no heat
open the lower front panel and replace the thermal-cutout ,, its two thermostat looking parts that is mounted to the heater and housing on the right side as you look in ,, be sure to unplug the dryer ,, the part number is XXXXX and cost about $25 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and they look like this ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this the problem, the last technician suggested i take off the back panel
don't know why because the back panel on this model does not come off but yes this is the fix
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have a bottom panel in front, it is one piece. Did i give the wrong

model #, it is wed5800

this model does have a lower front panel ,, you have a gap across the cabinet below the door and you have twp screws at the very bottom next to the floor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this dryer is one panel in front and the door.
open the door and get me the complete model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wed5800swd or o

thank you ,, the complete model number makes a world of difference

on this model you will remove the back panel and the thermal-cutout kit is there on the heater and housing and as you look in from the rear it will be on the right hand side
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what does it look like and what is the model #
model number is WED5800SW0
graphic
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This gives me a picture but which is the thrmo cut-out and what is the part #
the thermal-cutout ,, its two thermostat looking parts that is mounted to the heater and housing on the right side as you look in ,, be sure to unplug the dryer ,, the part number is XXXXX and cost about $25 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and they look like this ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
graphic
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service