william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

my ge washer is afew months over the year, it is now makeing

my ge washer is afew months over the year, it is now makeing screaming noises when it goes into rinse/drain mode it is mod#wjrr417og2ww ser#tri62830g, help!
Is this the only time that it does this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Does it do this when its spinning also? I know that it spins in the drain/rinse cycle.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it never goes into spin cycle, it just sets still and screams like a dog got his tail in a door.

One more question does this agitate fine?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do this for me please take your hand and see if you can spin the tub for me please? Thanks. See if you can spin it all the way around. Listen for any sounds.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
tub spins freely, no sounds.

Ok thats great sounds like your drain pump either could be clogged up with something or its froze up.

Part 908512 $46.75.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.