Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a jenn air side by side refer model jcb2389grs ,I came

Customer Question

I have a jenn air side by side refer model jcb2389grs ,I came home after being gone for a week and the freezer was not freezing and everything was thawing.I thought that it may have been in a defrost cycle .So I took all the thawed and melted ice cream out to the trash cleaned it out shut it down over night thinking that it would reset but no luck .Now it is trying to cool down but it runs for a few minutes and you can hear it "click" like it is poping out of some kind of cycle.The Fridge is less that 6 or 7 years old I sure hope that it should last longer than this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
this is the overload relay on your compressor that has failed. If you pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back panel, there is a large black compressor and attached to the side of it is a small plastic box with wires going into it. This is your overload relay you need to order and replace. Here is a link to the part you need to order.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have replaced the relay and the compresser is not engaging . The new relay, 60.00 dollors and 100 miles later is aslo clicking Whats up now?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
you need a new compressor unfortunately. This isn't something you can fix yourself and costs about $500-600 to have someone come in and replace it.