Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kitchen Aid top/bottom refrigerator. It is about

I have a Kitchen Aid top/bottom refrigerator. It is about 10 years old. Water is dripping into the refrigerator. I think it is coming from the "vent" in the back at the top of the refrigerator. It is not just dew/condensation, but actual drips that accumulate so that I have had to mop up the water two days in a row.

What could be the cause?
This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.