Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

kenmore elite 61683 control panel do I fix this

kenmore elite ultrawave microwave model 665.61683 I have a loose control panel and very bothersome when pressing the buttons. How do I fix this?
If it's loose, then at means the clips on the control panel that hold it secure have broken and you'd need to replace the control panel to fix the problem. The part is usually about $100-150 so so if not a really expensive microwave it might be better to just replace the unit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do you remove the panel from the unit? can't you somehow fix or bend the clips once removed to get a tighter fit?
The clips are plastic so aside from gluing it, I don't think you have a choice. As for how to remove the control panel, remove the screws coming in from the top of the grille vent at the top. Take the vent grille off and then there will be one screw at the top of the control panel you can remove. Once the screw is removed, the control panel should pull up and off to remove.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK..great one more I need to shut power off going to microwave first if I try and remove panel??
yes, always disconnect power before servicing anything.