Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my lg TROMM dryer seems like it has no power at all. Then all

Customer Question

my lg TROMM dryer seems like it has no power at all. Then all of a sudden I press the power, everything lights up and it says check lint trap. I have cleaned it and it is still saying it. any suggestions. It seems like a connection is not being made
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
This actually just sounds like you have a bad control board. Try unplugging the unit for 60 seconds to reset the board, and if that doesn't work you'll need to replace the control board.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just started it with the the door open, shut it and it worked. It seems dead with the door closed. Is there some connection there? Also it says CHECK filter. Is there another filter that may be clogged?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
No there is not another filter and it still sounds like a bad control board to me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks can I replace control board myself?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
If you want, yes. You just pull the dryer forward and unplug it. There are a few screws coming in from the back of the top panel that you will need to remove, then the top panel will pull back, up, and off to gain access to the controls.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have you ever seenthe dryer have an electrical current running through it when it is plugged in? I touched the front and I felt a buzz of electricity and I tried to clean the metal vent outside and the same thing. Do you think this has anything to do with changing the control board like we discussed?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
when that happens, it means that the unit has a direct short somewhere, so I'd check the cord where it goes into the dryer as that's the most likely place. If not, then something else like the motor or something could be causing a short which shorted the control board.