Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a whirlpool duet washer the control locked light is

I have a whirlpool duet washer the control locked light is on. how do I turn it off and get the washer to work?

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

This should be inside the door area.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
whirlpool duet washer i don't know the serial number it is a front loading washer. I have a bag the manuals came in with the following number on it. 461970309021.

If it has a volume button try holding it down until the lock light goes out. The model number should be inside the door of the unit where you put in the clothes.