Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. It seems its lost it brain.

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. It seems its lost it brain. If I unplug it and start out fresh on the casual or color cycle, everything goes normal. Until it gets to the final rinse & spin cycle. It just site and makes a noise like it cloged & cant drain. Then you get a 'Ld' error. Try turning off & on no help same results, with error. Wait a bit unplug and start it on the drain & spin cycle and it spine & drains no problem. So the machine functions work just not in a complete cycle. Can you tell me whats wrong? This machine is only a few years old ;-(

LD is long drain ,sounds as if you have a clogged pump .

you will need to bail the water out (or a shop vac works great)

Then lean the unit back and you will need some towels and from underneath you will see the motor in the center and two pump to the rear the pump on the right rear corner id the drain pump .remove those hoses and check for articles of clothing ,lint (remember you will have some water coming out of the hoses.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If you unplug and start out the not finished load on just the 'Spin & Drain' cycle, It drains fine, no problem. If I had a clogged drain it wouldnt drain on any cycle, isnt that correct? It also drains the wash water, no problem. Its just when it gets to the rinse cycle on full wash cycle that it loses its brain?

ok the it is not the pump if you CAN get it to drain I did not understand that sorry .

Then it has to be the electronic control board has gone bad .

MaY i Have your model number to give you a part number?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can a non expert install that?

oh yes a none expert can replace it .

it is just under the console .

here is a link to the part .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You so much! Where would I get the directions on how to install this board?

oh easy !!

Just unplug the unit .take a putty knife and go up under the end caps and push to the rear and at the samw time lift the end cap up to unlock it ,then fold the console back ,and the control is right there held in place with a couple of clips just remove wire harnesses one at a time and install on the new control ,move the plastic tube over to the new control ,mount the new control fold console down ,and snap back into place. and then plug in and test.

Oh and glad to assist.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Excellent, thanks so much!!
thank you very much ,and have a nice weekend
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You helped me understand the part I needed, I ordered it and hope thats it. My part comes in tomorrow. Thought I would try and get that Console opened per your dirrections to undersand better exactly where it will go. Having difficulties getting the Console flipped up, per directions. Went onto Whirpool website to see if I could get instructions but no help there. It was helpful though in showing exactly where that timer is located. What I did print out was a detailed vielw of the Control panel parts with everything listed. Looks like there is a large screw in the back of that console. So I wondered if you could tell me does that screw have to come out first On the back? Also will the Control Knob have to come off to flip that console up? I hope not ;-( that seemed to be on there pretty good...

knob does not need to come off to raise the console.

AND I `m so SORRY this model has three screws in the back that allow the console to come off one on each side and one in the middle.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks so much, I am so appreciative your there! I am at work now and will try tonight. So the knob stays on, right?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I just saw the answer to that last question 1st thing in your response... What a Day! Is it Friday yet?? I feel like I am being discrepectful not using your name, but understand you have to remain annonimous. so Thanks so much Mater Expert Tech!!
Smile the names have been changed to protect the innocent LOL and I too wish it was Friday !!