Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a whirlpool duet sport washer displaying an SH in the

I have a whirlpool duet sport washer displaying an SH in the error code window. It doesn't match any code I've seen in the manual. Any ideas?
Hi Welcome to The Just Answer Appliance Category..My name is XXXXX XXXXX to working with you Today on your appliance repair problem..What is the model number of unit...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What is the washer doing or not doing...Have you check and cleaned the drain filter first off..?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have cleaned the drain filter. The pump impeller has free movement. When I power the unit on I get an SH in the display. Pushing the start button doesn't make it do anything and yes I reinstalled the kick plate so the safety switch is not open. Pushing Cancel turns off all the lights except the SH and then I have to unplug and replug to get any other lights back.

I think the error maybe showing up wrong...This happens if the the display is weak...There is a SD error...a FH....Or possibly 28....Etc..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no problem with the display. I got it to give me an f28 while i was cleaning the drain pump screen but that went away as soon as i reassembled the drain and powered up again.

Remove the water supply hoses at back of unit...Check that the screens are not blocked with debris...Then try restarting unit..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
water screens clear
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well with no clothes in the washer and after replugging I finally get an F28. I can handle that. Thanks for helping me double check my progress.
Great job...Im glad you are back up and running...Thanks Bob