John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

1 year old frigidaire model FKFH21F7HW upright freezer...... power

Customer Question

1 year old frigidaire model FKFH21F7HW upright freezer......

power loss light is on
temp control buttons dont work
freezer is not cold enough
held down alarm reset button for 5 seconds and fault code "E7" flashed
frost is building up on inside back wall
power cycled it...not improvement
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Apparently there was a power interruption. Try removing the power for one hour to see if the control board will reset the program. Please post back to me with the result.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried that. When i turned it back on it had the same problem.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
OK. Thank you. When I enter the model number you posted into the U.S. database, I get no response. Do you reside outside the U.S.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I live in Dallas, there is an "a" at the end of the model number. Confirm FKFH21F7HWA serial number WB83238399. Bought at sears. Manufactured 8/08
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

In the U.S., the E7 error code indicates that one or more of the touchpad buttons are not functioning correctly. Frigidaire's service contact number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN but it's not answered on the weekend. The only online parts website that is responding to your model number is Their phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and they answer is everyday. The only problem is they don't show the control board or touchpad for your model. I think it's just an oversight, as they've listed everything else. I suggest you call them to see if they have the parts you need. If they can't help you, you'll need to contact Frigidaire on Monday. I'm unable to help you today or tomorrow, as I can't find the part numbers anywhere else on the internet.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need to take the door completely apart to replace the control panel or can I pop it out from the front? Found the part fir $100
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry. I'm not able to tell you, as I've not been asked to replace the part. You'll need to direct that question to one of Frigidaire's customer service technicians.