applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Our Frigidaire model GLRS237ZAQ6 SxS freezer side is buzzing

Customer Question

Our Frigidaire model GLRS237ZAQ6 SxS freezer side is buzzing and is no longer freezing, cold but not freezing. The buzzing occurs every minute or so. What is wrong and can this be repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 6 years ago.
Hi, pull the unitr out from the wall and remove the bottom back cover, is that where the buzzing is coming from ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Believe it or not, this rear of the fridge is not entirely accessible, therfore I cannot remove the back cover. The sound does appear to be coming from that area.
There is a cover on the outside back of unit on the bottom, it is how you get to the compressor and condenser fan. The cover is held on with screws.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I have removed the back cover and located the compressor (black ball shaped contraption, part #tpe1370yxa) and condenser fan. I had to unplug the fridge for an hour or so, in order to move the fridge. Once I plugged it back in, the fridge appeared to be running properly; no buzzing, fridge colder, freezer freezing with ice maker operating properly. After about 3 hours the compressor began buzzing again and the freezer and fridge began warming up. Does this help to identify the problem?
Sorry we keep missing each other. Check to make sure the condenser fan is running. If the fan is not working the compressor can overheat. If the fan is not running replace it. If the fan is running you have one of two problems. The start relay and capacitor are getting bad and need to be replaced. The start relay and capacitor plug into the compressor. They are very easy to replace. the capacitor part # XXXXXNNN-NN-NNNN and the start relay is part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN The other problem can be the compressor. If the compressor is bad you will want to go buy a new refrigerator. The cost of repair would be more than it is worth.