How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rob clement Your Own Question
rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 593
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
rob clement is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a SHU5315UC built in. It seemed to be working fine,

This answer was rated:

I have a SHU5315UC built in. It seemed to be working fine, except it started to make a noise like someone gasping for air. I turned the dishwasher off, still there. I turned the breaker off, still there. It only went away when I turned off the water supply to the washer.
Help. I'm quite handy. I modify vehicles for wheel chairs and service and install elevators for wheel chairs.
This kink has been there for at least months. I suspect it is something else.
You have a bad water valve,it is not completely closing and is bleeding water through the valve.Since you turned off the power and it continued,and when you shut off the water and it quit,the valve has failed . It is available here for $25.00 plus shipping or you can probably buy it locally at you local appliance dealer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the valve located and how do I get to it and are there any tricks or suprises to removing it.
The valve is located on the right side,behind the kick plate which is the lower panel under the door.It is pretty straight forward just turn off the breaker to the dishwasher.Not really any suprises.
rob clement and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions