rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances

I have a SHU5315UC built in. It seemed to be working fine,

I have a SHU5315UC built in. It seemed to be working fine, except it started to make a noise like someone gasping for air. I turned the dishwasher off, still there. I turned the breaker off, still there. It only went away when I turned off the water supply to the washer.
Help. I'm quite handy. I modify vehicles for wheel chairs and service and install elevators for wheel chairs.
This kink has been there for at least months. I suspect it is something else.
You have a bad water valve,it is not completely closing and is bleeding water through the valve.Since you turned off the power and it continued,and when you shut off the water and it quit,the valve has failed . It is available here for $25.00 plus shipping or you can probably buy it locally at you local appliance dealer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the valve located and how do I get to it and are there any tricks or suprises to removing it.
The valve is located on the right side,behind the kick plate which is the lower panel under the door.It is pretty straight forward just turn off the breaker to the dishwasher.Not really any suprises.