Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a Kirby Sentria that started smelling like it was burning

Customer Question

I have a Kirby Sentria that started smelling like it was burning when I vacuum. I took off the belt today and cleaned the hair from it/made sure it was on correctly (still looks like a fairly new belt). Any quick suggestions before I have to spend the $ and time taking it in? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Hi
When you use the hose and take off the main head, do you still get the burning smell?
Also, the belt you are using does it have like a tread on it, or is it completely smooth?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The belt broke last night, so I am going to replace it and see if that works.
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Hi
While you have the brush out, make sure you take the ends off the brush. If you have long hair, it will be wrapped around the bearings, and this is what will be causing the smell.

I hope this answers your question
.Thanks
rob