Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have an Emerson Microwave Oven Model # MW8115SS, 1450 watts,

Customer Question

I have an Emerson Microwave Oven Model # XXXXX 1450 watts, and I need a replacement fuse. The fuse I removed had written on it "6G20A125V". Can you provide me with a new fuse? I need to know where I can get one of these in Kansas City.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
does it look like this
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. The one removed was 7/8" long, clear glass in the middle and silver ends.
one like this will work just fine and you do not have to order a special fuse ,, take that one to a hardware store and they can match it up for you ,, its a 20amp, 125v fuse ,, the amps is all that needed / thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Larry, I thought the same thing. I spent all day going everywhere (~5 stores, RadioShack and appliance shops, and a speciality electronics parts store/company, Emerson on the phone, etc. ) an no one has a 20amp 125v fuse. I'm sorry that I cannot accept your answer as I have already tried it and I cannot procure the fuse anywhere
where are you located because we have them everywhere here at any hardware store
hang on and i will find you one
Emerson Microwaves are build by whirlpool and here is the fuse for the unit but you will have to order it and it cost about $7.50 / thanks

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4307253
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Larry, I am not trying to be difficult, as I would like to have the part, but when I followed the link you gave to me, I called them. They have no information on the microwave in their database and they were not even able to tell me the voltage, amperage or the physical dimensions of the fuse I would be ordering. The total cost woyld be about $13 by the time shipping is figured in. Since I cannot verify that this is the correct fuse with the company, and since it is so expensive, I cannot take the risk to order it. As I said in my initial message I needed to be able to obtain it locally. I think it is just best if I move on now and just buy a new microwave oven for $60. Thanks for trying.