Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a KitchenAid Gas 30 Sealed Burner Glass Cooktop stove

I have a KitchenAid Gas 30" Sealed Burner Glass Cooktop stove KGCT305X. Even in the off
position the burners continue clicking - all 4 of them. In order to operate the stove, I have turned off the electical outlet and must use a match to turn on the burners. This
problem began when no one was using the stove. I've checked my breaker box and all
circuits are operational.

What's next???

Judith Kendall,[email protected]

and you have not gotten any moisture in the knob areas when it was not in use ?

and how long has this been going on ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It started on Friday of last week. I've removed the knobs and cleaned them thoroughly.

But the problem continues.

May I get the complete model number from under the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've taken the drawers out & am looking under the unit. There's a silver plaque which

may have further numbers on it, but I'm not certain I'll be able to read it IF I can get

under there. Is that what you need?

yes !! that is what I need !
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Boy, I'm getting my exercise today!

model#KGCT305X - WH-2

serial# XXXXX

Thank you ,if all the switches are off and no moisture down around the valve shaft.

you will need to replace the spark module.

Here is a link to the part .

http://www.searspartsdirect. com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=3185229&productGroupId=0022&supplierId=664&brandId=x&documentId=O2003912&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=000027&pageId=00003&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=KGCT305XWH2&subCompDesc=Burner%20box,%20gas%20valves&brandDesc=KITCHENAID&modelDesc=GAS-COOKTOP&blt=11

the bad thing is in order to replace the spark module you will have to remove the cook top and turn it upside down to be able to remove the bottom panel to even get to the spark module.