Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My legacy quite series 200 dishwasher was operating when it

My legacy quite series 200 dishwasher was operating when it made a pop noise, the lights flashed and the it shut down and will not power up. Can this be repaired or should I replace?
Probably the best thing to do is remove the kick panel below the door. Locate the 3" x 3" sheet metal box and remove the cover. Check to see that all the connections are secure and not melted inside. If they are melted or have shorted then you'll want to cut the wires back and repair the connections. Otherwise, confirm that the unit is getting power (if you have a multimeter) and if so but nothing will turn on, then you need to replace the control board. Here is a link to the control board you'd need to replace if you wanted.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

All wires in the junction box are fried. Are there any other components in this box or is it just wire connection and grounding? What would cause this to occur? And is it likely that when this occurred the control board would be damaged?

there are just wires in this, and no it should harm the control board. This just happens because the connections were never made tight enough to begin with so over time these connections over heat and after a few years or months it will melt through the wire caps and short out.