Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a haier HRQ02WNAWW Compact refridgerator, the compressor

I have a haier HRQ02WNAWW Compact refridgerator, the compressor will not kick on anymore. I think the unit is still good it just needs an overload proctector or thermostat? any comments on popular breakdowns for this model? HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
it could be the relay on the compressor, do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i have a volt meter. first off when i first plug it in, it buzzes briefly and then i hear a loud click and then no noise at all if that helps. i found two small things plugged into the compressor, one of them gets extremely hot and smells like it might burn if i let it go on too long.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes that the relay and your right its bad, if you shake it does it rattle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it does, when i hooked the voltmeter up it said overload and an arc shot from the relay to the ground plate. if i replace the relay is my fridge guaranteed to work or did sustained running of the fridge damage anything?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
theres no guarantee but 80% of the time a new relay will fix it. these have overloads and they kick the compressor off most of the time before any damage,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i find the right relay to buy and approximately how much will it cost me to buy it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats the only problem, there not showing the relay for this on the parts list, can you tell me what color the relay is? I'll try and find which one it takes , also see if theres any #s on the relay itself,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the relay has a white top and a black bottom that holds all the guts together, the numberings on it are: 276TFBYY and then on the other side of it it says: -520 DAF 4K. also on the top of the white cover it says "4TM"
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
unfortunately they don't show any relays for this, there is however a kit they sell that will fit almost any compressor and it comes with the different parts for different compressors,
Starting device kit, compressor. *Wiring could differ from original, will possibly need to be installed by an appliance repairperson.
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
this kit will have what you need to fix yours, you can order it @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b5a4ei1177466&PartID=1177466 as long as its a 120 volt compressor, thats all I can do, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.