Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an older (at least 10 yrs old) Kelvinator cyclic defrost

I have an older (at least 10 yrs old) Kelvinator cyclic defrost 401 Impressions Series. We had a 24 hour power outage a couple of weeks ago and now water is pooling in the bottom of the fridge on the right hand side every day. What does this mean. Would it be due to the power outage, or was it due to happen and the power cut was the straw breaking the camel's back, or is this just the way it was going. What can I do about it?
this means you have a clogged defrost drain tube, you need to remove the back panel inside the freezer and at the bottom under the coils there is a drain hole. (probably covered in ice) take hot water and pour it over the ice until it melt and drains freely, this will take care of it, thanks Bryan