Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have moved house and our new kitchen has an Admiral side

We have moved house and our new kitchen has an Admiral side by side refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Best estimate of age of appliance is 3-5 years. I do not have details of model no. All working well until last week when water dispenser started working erratically and works in "pulses" - the water comes out in short bursts and sometimes some ice from the ice box falls into the dispenser outlet, impinging water flow further. Ice box not too full - in fact when removed the water is still coming out in short bursts rather than running continuously. We replaced the water filter but this makes no difference - in fact removing the filter and putting the cap on makes no difference either. In the troubleshooting section of the manual it says that if water flow is slow, saddle valve or water valve might not be opened completely - but I don't know what or where these are! Please help! Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I will try and look up the water valve for you but a model # XXXXX be great, can you check these places for it? First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

All types

• Inside the refrigerator or freezer, on the upper left or right side wall
  • Behind the lower crisper drawer
  • Behind the lower toe kick-plate
  • On the face frame of the refrigerator body

• thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks - found model no. It is GC2224GEKB

SERIAL NO. IS 10461640GA
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you can order the valve @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4013718&pn_=12544116 and heres a diagram of its location, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS FOR THAT BRYAN. I PRESUME YOU THINK THE VALVE IS FAULTY ?? RE. REPLACEMENT I AM IN UK SO WILL LOOK ON LINE TO SEE IF I CAN MATCH UP THE SPARE PART. DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND THE DIAGRAM AS MY MANUAL HAS NO ILLUSTRATIONS LIKE THAT AT ALL SO DON'T KNOW WHAT THE NUMBERS REFER TO. WHICH NUMBER IS XXXXX VALVE PLEASE? WILL BE IN TOUCH AGAIN SHORTLY.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
its part # XXXXX sorry I didn't give you the part #, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NEARLY THERE BRIAN. THINK I'VE FOUND THE EQUIVALENT PART HERE IN UK.

STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT GOES THOUGH - HAVE PRINTED THE DIAGRAM YOU SENT ME. WHAT IS THE

NUMBER ON THE DIAGRAM FOR THE VALVE PLEASE?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
#14 sorry its early here , if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and remove the bottom panel it will be on the left lower corner looking from the back and you water line from the house is connected to it, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP BRYAN. HOPE FOR THE BEST NOW!

REGARDS