Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

After running a load of dishes through a full cycle in my KitchenAid

After running a load of dishes through a full cycle in my KitchenAid dishwasher the dishes are not clean. All of the dish surfaces facing the top of the washer are covered with a white residue, the surfaces facing the bottom of the washer are clean. Our water is very hard.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

THis can be found on the inside of the dishwasher on the tub lip.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The make of washer is KitchenAid
Model number is: KUDM25SHWH1
Serial number is: FJ5222424
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
when the unit fills and starts to wash, how far below the heating element is the water level?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That I do not know, I wasn't aware of any problem until the washing was completed and I have not run anything through it since.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got a notice that there was another question for me but I do not see any. The last question that I got was about the water level and the heating element. My response was: That I do not know, I wasn't aware of any problem until the washing was completed and I have not run anything through it since.
If there was another question after that please repeat it now.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Please try to fill the unit and let me know how deep the water is inside the unit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The water level is about 3/8 inches below the heating element.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you hear the water sloshing around when its running?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow! We are really making progress here. It's been 3 days and we have progressed to a point where I can or can not hear the water sloshing around inside while running. Yes I can hear water sloshing around while its running.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok is it mostly the top rack thats not cleaning or both?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is both, upper and lower --------------- for your information, yesterday when I ran a cycle of the dishwasher to establish the water level, when I opened the door to check the water level, the water was very soapy.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok, what you need to do is get 4-5 small bottles of white vinegar and let the dish washer fill and then open the door and pour in 1 bottle then let it run through, then repeat until all the suds are gone, don't put any soap in or dishes while doing this, this will clean the pump assembly and it should run fine after that, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.