How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a maytag refigerator/freezer model #MFI 2266AEW. The

Resolved Question:

I have a maytag refigerator/freezer model #MFI 2266AEW. The ice maker does not work. The tube from the water supply that was first installed on this model, was too small. ( The water never came out of the door very fast). I installed a larger feed. The water in the door works fine now, but the ice maker doesn't. I think something got into the tubing inside and is blocking the water to the ice maker. What do I do???
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the ice maker is cycling correct? the fingers turning? check the tube in the freezer that feeds the ice maker in the back and see if its frozen, if so take a hair dryer and defrost it, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was cycling. The fingers??? Is the tube behind the freezer drawers on the inside? The back of the refinerator is sealed. the only access is to a panel with electronics, and at the very bottom where the conpresser is located. The tube at the back come in low then go up inside where I cn't follow.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
its the tube that feeds the ice maker and sticks through the back wall of the freezer and drops the water into the little cup at the back of the ice maker. you can see the cup in the picture on the right end of the ice maker. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=there is a 3/4" tube that brings the water to that cup ,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I get to that area? The ice maker is upper left on our fridge, the freezer on the bottom. There is a tube that comes to the top off the unit to a plug type thing I pulled that out off the top to see If I could find anything. That is a small 1/8 in tube. When I pulled out that plug I could feel the cold from the icemaker, but no water. I can't pull the ice maker unit out of the cabinet?? It has a plastic release on the left side but That doesn't seem to let it slide out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the best way to check these things is to remove the ice maker and check the tube and the cup the water goes into, these are a pain to get out though, I cant get a diagram good enough to see the release on this one, this is up in the left top corner of the fresh food section correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it should slide out, I wonder if its frozen in there, if the water was overflowing at all it could have frozen this in, you may have to defrost the whole ice maker assembly to get this out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'll try that. How do I get back to you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you