Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Haier refrigerator (model HTQ21JAAWW) where the freezer

I have a Haier refrigerator (model HTQ21JAAWW) where the freezer is frosted over and the refrigerator isn't cooling as well as it should. I've read online that it could be the defrost timer or the defrost heater. I'd like to try to repair it myself, starting with the defrost timer. I don't want to start tearing the fridge apart until I have an idea of where the timer is located on this model. I've located several sources online for Haier parts.
So my questions are:
1. Where is the defrost timer located.
2. What is the part number I'd need to order.
3. Do you think a modestly handy girl with a screwdriver can handle this repair?

The cost of having a technician come out and make the repair are more than the appliance is worth, and unfortunately, I don't have the manual since the refrigerator came with the house that I bought.
ok the timer is #95 on this diagram, its located where you controls are in the refrigerator, the part # XXXXX RF-7400-11 and you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=RF-7400-11&productGroupId=0046&supplierId=183&bran dId=x&documentId=50025379&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=095&pageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=HTQ21JAAWW&subCompDesc=Diagram%20assy&brandDesc=HAIER&modelDesc=TOP-MOUNT&blt=11 you can probably install this yourself, just take the control panel down and its in that, the defrost heater is in the freezer section behind the back panel thats frosted up. hope this helps, thanks Bryan