Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Freezer working; refrig is not. Happened after power outage.

Freezer working; refrig is not. Happened after power outage. TCX22PACAAA GE PRofile bottom freezer. Ruled out defrost cycle, circuit breaker and plug/fuse.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
do you hear the compressor running, remove the panel in the back that covers the compressor and feel the compressor. is it warm and vibrating?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know how to remove the panel (I'm a 56 y/o woman). Looking at manual - the grate where the compressor is has air coming out and sounds like a fan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok there should be 1/4" screws going around the panel once you pull the refrigerator away from the wall, the fan you hear is probably the condenser fan not the compressor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if the compressor is broken on a 10 year old refrig is it worth replacing.
Original cost was 1100 and it is pretty clean but gets lots ofuse.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I believe its the relay on the compressor thats causing the compressor not to start. unfortunately its all to common on these models, these are cheap though around $9.00 @ 3&brandId=0432&documentId=E2140019&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=TCX22PACAAA&keyId=000811&pageId=00008&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=TCX22PACAAA&subCompDesc=Machine%20compartment%20assembly&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR-C-SERIES&blt=11 you just have to try changing this to see, its mounted on the side of the compressor, a service call to do this should cost $75.00-$100.00 if you call someone. thanks Bryan