Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We cant get the freezer to go above 0 degrees and it wont

We can't get the freezer to go above 0 degrees and it won't make ice cubes

you will need to replace the cold control in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this controls the temperature as far as not making ice cubes is the ice maker cycling? (turning)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

After defrosting freezer it did make one tray of ice cubes and then it stopped

ok the first thing to check is the feed tube in the freezer that runs int the back of the ice maker, this may be frozen, take a hair dryer and defrost it and see if it makes ice,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have defrosted the freezer and have defrosted the feed tube and when I turn on the freezer and it comes up to 0 temp, it will make 1 tray of ice and then fill up with water and then it stops making ice. What is the correct temp for the freezer? Can you tell me how I can remove the housing for the temperature control? I can't get the front part loose.
the freezer should be between 0-8 degrees, I believe you need to replace the ice maker module, but first when you open the freezer door what is the red light on the right side of the freezer doing? is it blinking?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes the red light is blinking and the temp is 0 to 4 degrees in the freezer
ok on the other side of the light there is a flap, push that in and tell me what the light does.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The light keeps blinking with the flap pushed in
ok you need the emitter and receiver in this, Electronic control part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$92.10 - Click Image to Closethis runs the ice maker, if the light doesn't stay on steady when the flap is pushed in then its bad and thats why your not getting is, you can oder this @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=90 and it comes with instructions. thanks Bryan, p.s. the freezer temp is fine.