Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi! I am from the Boston area and have a Kenmore Elite MOD

Hi! I am from the Boston area and have a Kenmore Elite MOD # XXXXX that starts, heats and runs when you push the start button, but will stop once you take your finger off the button. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated!

Cristin Carroll
Hi Carroll, could you please resend the model # XXXXX a space between each #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
# XXXXX 1 0 6 3 9 3 2 1 0 2
ok the motor itself is bad. if you can start it and when you let go of the button the centrifugal switch in the motor is shot, Part 158unfortunately, you can order this @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is this something that I would be able to replace myself?? or do you think I am better off having someone do it? Does it come with instructions?

its a little difficult the machine has to come apart and the drum pulled to get to it, heres a diagram if that helps, it doesn't come with instructions unfortunately, there are however a lot of videos to help you do this on youtube, heres the link, P.S. I was born and raised in Ma. miss it there, thanks Bryan