Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Jenn-air model # JCD2289AES REVISION # 10 The freezer compartment

Jenn-air model # XXXXX REVISION # XXXXX
The freezer compartment is cold, maybe too cold, the ice cream is like a rock. The refridgerator compartment is warm, 60 degrees F. What part is defective?
is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes. There is a small, very thin patch of frost inthe lower part of the freezer. It is roughly 8 inches wide and about 10 inches tall.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I seem to be having trouble recieving my answer. Can you help me?
ok, you need to remove the back panel in the freezer and defrost all the coils for a start, then do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes to Volt meter and know how. I must leave now to make appointment at the doctors office. I hope I can remove the back panel and defrost the coils when I get back i about 4 hours. I will try to contact you back at that time. Please let me know what readings you would have me take with the meter so that I can provide you with that information at that time.
ok, you need to check the defrost heater and thermostat for continuity when it is still cold , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if the continuity checks good you will need to replace the adaptive defrost board, Part 948430let me know , thanks Bryan