Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Model #11026952690 - KENMORE Automatic washer 90 series.

I have a Model #11026952690 - KENMORE Automatic washer 90 series. The machine will only agitate (motor) when set to Heavy duty, i.e. will not agitate on normal or delicate or whatever. Everything else works. I replaced the relay module and this did not help. What do you think is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
are you saying this wont agitate at all or only agitate on heavy duty? does it spin and drain?which relay did you replace?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello, the machine only aditates when the heavy duty cycle is selected. I never waited out the cycle on normal to see if it would spin and drain. However, it does on heavy duty, i.e. the cycle completes on heavy duty. I replaced the(NNN) NNN-NNNN RELAY BOARD, no change.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello, thankyou for quick response. I guess, I had a 50-50 chance. I thought one of the relays contacts might have corroded or arced over. It certainly apear electrical and the micro computer is the only other board. Let me check that out, if it works, I will be happy to pay!!

Again, thanks in advance.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I replaced the micro computer board and it did not make any difference.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
boy thats strange, i hate to see you put parts in that don't work, the only thing left I can see is the motor itself, its a three speed motor its possible the motor is bad,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about the gearbox or transmission?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well if it works in one cycle (heavy duty) then the transmission works, I doubt thats an issue.