Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool gold electric range, accubake system. The

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gold electric range, accubake system. The control panel on the front of the stove will not respond. I will just give the time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
do you have a model number so that I can better assist you by chance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the model number located
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
usually around the frame of the oven somewhere if you open the door or the drawer below the door.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, it isn't there. Where else can I look?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
on your manual maybe? Those are the only places it would be.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We bought the house which was previously owned. They did not leave the manual. I just have the installation booklet
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
well then you'll need to find that model number somewhere on a sticker around the front frame of the unit if you open the door or pull the drawer out because without it, you can't even order parts for the unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We bought the house which was previously owned. They did not leave the manual. I just have the installation booklet The installation booklet has a number(NNN) NNN-NNNNI found some part numb ers on the door They are each(NNN) NNN-NNNNone of the numbers end min wh the other bt and the third is bl. each of the 3 numbers mis the same except for the ending letters.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
well I mean I can help you with the problem but i'd like to look up the type of system based on the model to make sure we get the answer right.

Are you sure you've looked all over the oven frame? Be sure to look near the bottom of the door where the hinges of the door are, it's not on the door itself, it's on the frame of the oven somewhere and it'll be a sticker or badge with the model on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you get the part numbers I found on the door? I sent them with the last message.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yeah but that's just the door part numbers, not the entire machine model number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have gone over the stove with a fine tooth comb. I know the unit is a whirlpool gold accubake system. OK, I found it. I had to stand on my head to see it. The model no. is gy396lxpq00 serial no is xs1216430
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok perfect. So none of the buttons work? Have you tried unplugging the unit for 60 seconds?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did unplug the unit. I did get the bake button to come on but it would do nothing else. no timer, off does not work. can't set the clock. Help Help!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is anyone t here? It is getting late and I am tired. Help Help!!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is anyone t here? It is getting late and I am tired. Help Help!!! I have to sign off. I did not get a good answer. It was too long between communications. At this point in time, I cannot recommend this service.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
sorry I had logged off for the night becaues you didn't respond for almost an hour, but I am here again.

As for the problem, you need a new touchpad which is part of the control panel. You'll need either part 1, 1A, 1B, or 1C but the manufacturer doesn't specify on the breakdown which one is which color (that is the only difference). You'll need to call the parts store to see which one you need for your unit. Here is a link to the part lookup.

CLICK HERE