Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

WHIRLPOOL GS6SHEXMT00. When either lever on water/ice dispenser

WHIRLPOOL GS6SHEXMT00. When either lever on water/ice dispenser is press lights flash once then nothing. Maybe three drop of water are dispensed. What could the problem be?
staring at it doesn't work I've tried. LOL , this doesn't give ice either or does it? is it just the water thats not comming out?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No ice is not dispensing. Unit makes an kind of sound don't know if it is an arc and it makes the sound for 1 millisecond, lights flash once then nothing.
unfortunately thats not a good thing because its going to be the dispenser control and this is expensive, Sears has this in stock for $148.00, heres a link, roupId=0046&supplierId=106&brandId=x&documentId=W0310116&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=0015&pageId=00008&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GS6SHEXMT00&subCompDesc=Dispenser%20front%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=SIDE-BY-SIDE-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11
Dispenser control and bracket assembly - no longer available - This part has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't know of any source for the part
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. How do I get to this part on unit? Itake that it is in the dispenser unit. I don't know how to get into dispenser. Thanks again.
pop off the front control panel # XXXXX with a screw driver and then there will be screws under that holding the control board assembly in,part# XXXXX