Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how do i get the old bearings out

how do i get the old bearings out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get me the full model #? First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Top-loading washer only

• Under the lid
  • On the back of the control panel
  • On the lower-front or side of the main cabinet body

Front-loading washer only

• Behind the door
  • Behind or on top of the control panel
  • On the side of the unit near the front

Top- or front-loading washer-dryer combination unit

• Inside the dryer door, on the door frame
  • On the top of the dryer
  • On the side of the washer, near the bottom, front
  • Under the washer lid
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately these are factory pressed in and you need to replace the whole rear tub assembly
Outer tub assembly with bearing & seal kit. *Bearing only available with outer tub assembly.

Hazmat Symbol Special Shipping Required
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have both new bearings and the assembly kit in cludint a new belt. I have the whole thing apart including the shaft is out and all parts too, except the outer rings of both the bearings...they were so rusted that the insides feel apart. there is a washer like on the back of the assembly that will go around but will not come off. it is like a almost closed (C) with each end having a hole in it. if this comes off it looks like everything will too...what can I do?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well normally these dont come come out without a special bearing puller tool, were did you get this bearing assembly ? the washer you see is a clamp. this you can get a tool for at Lowes it a snap ring tool, Allen KD 445 - Internal Snap Ring Pliers Setthese have all the different sizes for most snap rings. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok I did get that ring off but still cannot get the rest of the bearing out. only the outer shell and possibly the ring from the assembly are at each end. the front has a hole at the top and at the bottom but doestnt seam to turn or anything. it seems that they should slide out but not budging. i sprayed the whole thing with WD40.. what could be keeping them from moving..TIME? RUST? ????????
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you are trying to get the shaft out correct? take a wooden block and a hammer and put the nut back on the end of the shaft and knock it out, thiese can be difficult though, the shaft is the part that connects to the inner tub,#3 on this diagram,
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
these bearings are pressed in and you will need a bearing puller to get it out, these are not realy made to be replaced though, thanks Bryan