Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire front load Washer will not dispense the liquid bleach

Customer Question

Frigidaire front load Washer will not dispense the liquid bleach when going thru the wash cycle? Model GLTF2940ESI S #XC54925768
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is there water going into the dispenser in when washing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what do you mean by "is there water going into the dispenser? Are you saying that this is done automatically or by adding water? Because I am informed by the owner of such that they add water to the bleach.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well the machine puts water into the dispenser to wash the bleach down into the machine,this is the valve thats puts the water in, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GLTF2940ESI+S-%3d%3dei1154728&PartID=1154728
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem has been solved, the owners of this washer were using a bleach that is safe for colors but it is much heaver and thicker than the regular bleach. Now by them diluting this type of bleach it now works as it should. Just so you know I am in NH and the Owner (who is related to me) is in TN.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats to funny. I'm glad you got it working. I'm from Ma. originally. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not so sure your information help us or not, but I do know this:
When the washer begins to fill for the rinse cycle, the bleach solenoid is energized and water flows into the bleach dispenser cup. When the cup is full the water siphons out and bleach and water flow into the tub. So what happen in this case, was that the bleach was to thick and heavy to provide the siphon effect!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I understand, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am going to pay something anyways, after all saved the price of a service call. He lives near Grmisley, TN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why is this still open, this should be closed.