Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have model # JGSS05DEM4BB gas range setting it for LP. The

Customer Question

I have model # XXXXX gas range setting it for LP. The 4 burners are fine it is the oven that is not working properly. I have a lot of yellow and when I open the air adjustment shutter the flame lifts away from the tube.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how big are the flames? did you adjust the orifice on the safety valve ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The only adjustment that I am aware of is the air adjustment shutter.
The flame is very large About 1 1/2" of blue flame and about 2" of yellow flame for a total of 3 1/2 length of per side.

I do not know how to adjust an orifice on the safety valve.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
try turning the orifice on the gas valve counter clockwise up close the orifice a little at a time . its the gold part that sticks up in the tube where the shutter is. Part 247066you can see it good in this picture, that will bring the flam down or up if you go the way. that should adjust it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been turning the hex nut adjustment counterclockwise about 1/4 turn each time. is there a stop to prevent me from turning it too much? Is there a default position or a starting point?
The yellow does get smaller as I turn the valve but the flame is pulling away from the tube and both seem to be too big.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

well theres no stop to prevent you from the hex comming off but you should try closing it and turning down the shutter also. see if that works.