Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag reefer model MFI2569VEW. It has quit making

I have a Maytag reefer model MFI2569VEW. It has quit making ice sometime in the last 7 weeks while we were away. Upon our return I dumped the old ice and cleaned the tray. I noted that the ice tray was not full when I emptied it. It has since refused to make ice. The water dispenser works fine. The ice tray is fully inserted and the latch is in the locked position. Help!
is the ice maker turning, cycling?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The icemaker is not cycling. I have not heard it fill. If I operate the ice dispenser, the trap door opens and the auger rotates normally.
do you by any chance know the temp in the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a thermometer in the box but the temp is set at 0 and food is well frozen.
ok you will need to replace the ice maker module, Part 961550this is located behind the front cover on the ice maker, you can order this @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this a straight remove and replace repair? I have tools and do most of my own repair work but I have never worked on an icemaker. I see no fasteners on the cover of the icemaker and am wondering how to access the part.
well the best way is just take a small screw driver and pry the cover off, its best to remove the ice maker when doing this, the cover just snaps on, its pretty easy from there just Phillips head screws holding the module on the ice maker, hope this helps thanks Bryan