Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a whirlpool duet dryer that is stuck on the sensing

I have a whirlpool duet dryer that is stuck on the sensing cycle. What do I need to do to get the dryer back to the start cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
unplug and wait 30 minutes and plug back up to give time for the control to reset
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will be glad to try that. I am not getting any heat to the dryer while running on the sensing cycle. By unplugging for 30 minutes will I regain heat?
it should but if not then the heater is the reason its staying in sensor mode
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If this is the case do I need to replace the heating element.
yes ,, if unplugging it does not reset it which i feel it will then you will have to replace the heater
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Larry, I have one more question. With my dryer stuck on the sensing cycle is there any chance I could have any control panel issues?
do not feel the control panel is the problem ,, i cant be 100% sure cause anything is possible
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just plugged it back in and it is still on sensing.....
sorry to be so long buts its storming here so i keep loosing my internet ,,, sorry to hear it ,, look like you have to replace the heating element
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No problem...actually after I sent you that last reply.....it switched to wet then to damp. I opened the dryer but felt no warmth. I restarted it and it went back to sensing again and stayed on sensing. Still think its the heating element?

yes i do
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Larry.... be safe in the storm!
i am watching it haha / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service