Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model # MSD2756GEQ. I replaced

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model # XXXXX I replaced the water filter when the indicator light turned on with a Filter # XXXXX The filter seems to work, but the change filter light will not go out. Last time I changed the filter it did. What do I do to get it to turn off so my wife will be happy?

try pressing and holding the change filter button for 10 seconds and see if it resets.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried pushing the change filter "buttom", but on this model it really is not a buttom, but just an change filter icon printed below the change filter light. I did press it for ten seconds or more but it did not turn off the light.
ok, press and hold the light and lock buttons until the change filter light blinks( approx. 3 seconds) the control will reset for 12 months or another 416 gallons, that should take care of it, thanks Bryan